Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day

The weekend was long and the sunshine was beautiful, but I am exhausted. From Thursday to Sunday, there was always something to participate in. I feel assured that I did all I could to cram as many activities into one weekend as possible. Some of the days were longer than others, but my favorite part was having Iva stay for two whole days, swap stories and get to know her. She comes highly recommended from my sister and I’m glad we spent so much time together Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning! Phew. Lucky me. Long weekend, though. Happy Independence Day for all of my fellow American patriots. Americans really like to celebrate, for that matter, Newportians really like to celebrate. I’m surrounded by enthusiasm and fervor. Exhausting and not ready to come back to the daily grind, but here I am. Can’t wait to get some of my remaining energy out during tennis practice tonight, and followed by restful sleep, I do hope to have. I can’t wait to spend a date with my pillow on a Monday evening. (With the window open – It is so hot in my house these days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment