Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Addendum to Films That Make Me...

Im not sure I have quite done justice to the many amazing films I've seen over the years. A friend recently corrected me on not including some of those I've mentioned as favs and affected me truly. The following notations are in no way intended to substitute for the in-depth conversations I hope to have with all of you about whether you have or have not seen these films, how, why, and whether it was a choice you made to become a different person, know more of yourself, or just saw a bit of real life in that film...But to spur on those conversations.

I hope not to exclude more important movies that I have not mentioned here, and I am certain I have inadverdently skipped over those of significance. I have done my darndest to give it my best subjective account of films that mean something.

Films That Shocked and Surprised Me
(Because they were that amazing!)

The Hours
The Departed
Sylvia
Beyond Borders
Collateral
Memento
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Requiem For A Dream
Fight Club
The Golden Bowl
Vanilla Sky
How To Make An American Quilt


Emotional Films (Maybe not in the way you assume...)

We Don't Live Here Anymore
Snow Falling On Cedars
The Red Violin
Diarios De Motocicleta
The Golden Bowl
Great Expectations
Taking Lives
Fracture
Unfaithful

Those Classic Witty Ones

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
To Catch A Thief
The Gods Must Be Crazy
Bend It Like Beckham
10 Things I Hate About You
Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Toy Story

No comments:

Post a Comment